Thursday, September 24, 2015

Day 4 (9/5)

Today we met at 10 am for our walk to the train station.  Along the way, we walked down O'Connell Street, where there was a parade happening!



After a long walk, we arrived at the train station where we had about 30 minutes to wait for our train to arrive.


A little dog was going to go on the train!



We rode on the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit, basically the commuter rail).  After a short ride, we arrived in Howth, a seaside town just outside of Dublin city.  We did a cliff walk there.


















After walking along the cliffs for a while, we came back down on the road side, which was a much easier walk than the way up.  We had some time to walk around Howth and eat lunch.  I went to the Howth market where I got an Irish sausage.

In typical fashion, I forgot to take the picture before I started to eat.

Unfortunately I couldn't eat the whole thing.  It wasn't that I was full, it was just too much of the same flavor. So I got a crepe! It had Nutella and strawberries and was very delicious!


Again, I forgot to take a picture before I ate.

For comparison, here is my crepe picture from France in March 2013.  Some things never change, I guess. (At least the Howth one is in focus!)

After lunch, it was sadly time to get back on the train and go home.

We passed Croke Park on the way back!

Once we were back in Dublin, I went to the store to buy an extra pillow and a blanket, then went back home.


I forgot to show pictures of my room before, but here is one.



The room is actually very big! Besides the bed on the right side, there's also two large wardrobes. We also have our living room/kitchen which is big as well.  We are lucky to have what might be the biggest apartment out of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment